Fave

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Real insecurities

So, this week  is the beginning of new semester, and apparently most of us have already started planning our groups for assignments. Unfortunately, I felt sick and feverish today so I ended up staying home and sleep instead. When I woke up, my friends told me they all had their own groups for assignments and that drove me absolutely panic and worried because as you know, I didn't attend the class due to fever and I don't have a group for assignments. So, I immediately picked up my phone and called my other classmates and see if their groups have slots. I ended up joining a group because apparently they are the only group who still have empty slots. 

Yes, I was feeling a little negative after knowing that I'm gonna be with an unfamiliar group for assignment. Plus the last semester I had some conflicts with my old group mates, I'm just really worried that they might do something really terrible to me this semester. I know I shouldn't care too much of what others gonna think about me but this is just my insecurity. And apparently, the new friends I mixed with, they are not in the same class with me, so this subject is prolly gonna be difficult for me to handle. This feeling sucks but I need to stand up and be strong in class and prove to them that I'm right. I need to do that.

However, after hearing Lizzie Velasquez's speech on YouTube, I then realized my life isn't that bad after all. I mean like compare to some patients who are fighting for their lives, or maybe some people who are homeless, disabled and so on. I should be grateful that I was given a normal life to live. Yes, I still might feel insecure and all but I will definitely do my best for this semester.

Like what Lizzie Velasquez said "You choose happiness or you choose to give up".
She definitely inspires me a lot, like a true role model.


No comments:

Post a Comment