Fave

Tuesday 17 September 2013

First attempt Sukiyaki

So, I'm sure you guys would have noticed that I'm a huge fan of Japanese food. Well.. I feel that Japanese food is addictive as in, you just keep wanting more and MORE after trying it once or twice. And frankly speaking, I never thought that it would taste so good though. I mean, I used to not give a shit last time when my friends told me "Hey, you should try Jap food, it's super good." I would be like, "Oh really, whatever.." People usually say best things happen when you least expect them & yup, it kinda make sense. Agree?

So, after a while I have finally decided that I will learn to cook probably a few Japanese dishes. Honestly, I was kinda worried and skeptical on my first attempt, but fortunately it turned out to be good and I was so relieved, THANKFULLY. I mean of course, the outcome didn't taste as accurate as the exact sukiyaki but it still tasted good, and as a newbie, I'm proud to admit that I absolutely love it and I'm satisfied with it. Overall, the difficult parts of this dish are the slicing and flavoring parts, other than that it's fine and it is an easy and healthy dish. Received compliments from my family. Definitely worth the time & effort. GLAD, GLAD, GLAD.
To cook a sukiyaki, you need to prepare :

Sauce:
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup soup stock
1/4 cup mirin
1 pound thinly sliced beef meat/ chicken meat
1/4 cup sugar
2 medium onions, sliced
4 ounces yam noodles (shirataki)
1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup soaked, rinsed and sliced shiitakes
1 cube tofu, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 leaves Napa cabbage, sliced
2 tablespoons oil

Directions
Mix soy sauce, sugar, stock, and mirin together in a bowl. Arrange meat and vegetables on a large platter. Heat an electric skillet to 375 degrees F.

Add oil to the skillet and heat. Brown meat in the oil, adding sugar slowly. Move the meat to the corner of the skillet when well browned. Add other vegetables, keeping each separate. Add sauce and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and turn all ingredients while cooking 2 minutes more. Serve on small plates.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/sukiyaki-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment