Fave

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Language and social skills deteriorating

So after like no-idea-exactly-how-many-years of not maintaining or developing a healthy reading habit, I have finally made up my mind that I am gonna read at least once to thrice per day. Well, I am not exactly a fan of books and long essays or articles because number 1, they bore me out, and number 2, lack of interest. But I realize that reading is actually quite essential to all of us. And that is why we need to read, like it or not.

I noticed that recently I have trouble constructing a sentence due to a super long time of not reading or picking up some new vocabs to learn. I mean like seriously, I have lost some confidence in talking and writing. Trust me, even now, I'm having a little difficulty to construct a fine sentence, and NO, I wasn't like this before. Few months ago, I actually had a pretty high self-esteem in all that like I can just talk confidently and naturally.
I guess one of the reasons why my languages and social skills have been deteriorating is because I'm constantly in front of my laptop and phone. Well, not to say 24/7, OF COURSE. HAHAHA. I'd go crazy myself if I were. Maybe like 5 hours a day? Humans tend to get lazy and comfortable once they have everything they needed. Like, we have all the applications on the phone, hence we start to take things a little too comfortable because we feel convenient and satisfied with what we have. And once we are comfortable and contented with our lives, we feel lazy and not motivated to do anything else. And therefore, my languages deteriorated because I stopped reading. And this is bad, I know. Also, I think it's essential for me to hang out with my friends to maintain a good and healthy social lifestyle.

I won't say my English is excellent or perfect, I mean, I can speak and write decently. It's just that sometimes I have difficulty expressing certain vocabularies and it sucks because I used to know that word and then all of a sudden I just kinda got unfamiliar with it because I haven't been using it for a while. And, I even have certain epic fail pronunciation of words. Have you all ever thought of impressing anyone with your new-learned vocabulary and you just kinda pronounce it wrongly, and the next minute the person notice it and correct it for you. It's kinda embarrassing though, but at least we learn. And life goes on.
Just in case if you're wondering, my chinese is worse. Some of my friends told me my chinese sounded really funny and weird! And that is kinda embarrassing? Lol. Okay seriously, there is a lot of improvement to be made here.

Here's what I'm gonna do to improve myself, and I thought it would be helpful for you guys too.
1) Get out of your comfort zone and pick up some new vocabularies to learn.
2) Read 1-3 times per day.
3) Meet some friends and start to maintain a healthy social lifestyle.
4) Avoid using computer and phone too often.
5) Blog or write a diary.
6) Watch your favorite show or movie with subtitles on.


PEACE OUT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment