Fave

Monday 26 August 2013

#NoteToSelf&Others Be you, be original

Be you, be original simply means be your own version and be real. I notice that people around me always say, "Damn, I wish I have skinnier legs just like hers", "I wish I can be like her", etc. Frankly speaking, even myself too, it is undeniable that sometimes I do compare myself with others. Yes, we humans are never satisfied with ourselves. E.g. you have an Iphone 4, but you demand for an Iphone 5. But this is what I realized, if you are going to compare yourself with others, you are not going to be happy or satisfied with yourself no matter what. Trust me.

I notice that people who often compare themselves with others are usually the ones that have pretty low self esteem. I mean, I'm not stereotyping, labeling or judging anyone here. Think about it, why do they compare with others? Some people say "Women are haters/ jealous creatures." Actually, not all. Some women are naturally haters or jealous creatures because they have low self esteem, insecure or they're not satisfied with the way they are. That is why you see, they tend to put on layers of make up, so that they can cover the imperfections and cope with the society. 
Also another thing, the media has influenced people by creating this picture-perfect image of what everyone wishes to be, whether it is skinny, fit, photoshopped beauty, etc. Truth is, there is no PERFECTION, unless you're a Barbie. No one is perfect and media doesn't display that. In fact, the media encourages everyone to be a different version of themselves and to live in denial. People need to stop dreaming that they would look like Kim Kardashian, Mila Kunis, and Megan Fox. You're not the girl you wish to be or the girl from the magazine. It will never happen unless you decide to be plastic. No offense people but get real!

          

Think of this way, "I am me, and you are you. I have good friends, family, relationship or others, and I am content with my life." and trust me, you will feel so much better rather than constantly comparing yourself with the rest. I strongly believe that god created each of us differently so that we are unique in our own way. Also, I personally think that everyone is beautiful in their own way. So don't compare, be content with yourself. Always remember that you are definitely special because you are you and your own version.







No comments:

Post a Comment