Fave

Sunday 25 August 2013

People come and go

They say people come and go. It's true. They do come and go..
Looking back at my high school times, I used to have bunch of friends who told me that we would always have each other's back no matter what. Sadly and unfortunately, things did not turn out that way. Most of us stopped keeping in touch ever since we graduated from high school. Not to say all, I mean, I still keep in touch with a few of them through Facebook and WhatsApp. I believe that most of us have changed. We were so busy pursuing our dreams and careers, hanging out with new friends, etc. I mean, even myself too. I admit, I've changed a lot in terms of mindset and attitude. I'm no longer naive, extremely active, super self-centered, and arrogant like how I used to be. But no matter what, I know that one thing is for sure, if they really treated me as their true friend, they would have at least put in some effort to maintain our friendship, and they would have at least tried to text or call me.

Yes, nobody likes being forgotten. The feeling sucks knowing that you were once an important person to them, and now you're just completely terminated or erased from their lives. Sadly, there's nothing we can do about it. We can't beg them to stay. Just like what we usually say, "it takes two hands to clap", we can't patch things up without them putting in any effort at all. And yes, we can't do anything but to accept the fact that they're gone, and move on.
Oh well, but look at the bright side, it's also an advantage that at least we get to identify who are the true ones, and who aren't. At least now, I have found my true friends and I know that they will always have my back no matter what. I strongly believe that those who are meant to be in your life, will stay despite what happen and how far the distance is.

So don't frown. SMILE AND MOVE ON. There is no point crying or whining over an expired bread or spoiled milk. Exactly, we can't do anything about it. So just try to occupy yourself with your hobby or favorite activities, and hang out with a couple or group of new friends. You can't just sit down and complain that people come and go but don't do anything about it. And if things don't turn out well, just remember at least you have tried. You have a choice. x




No comments:

Post a Comment